Its feasible for a womans testosterone amounts become too much or too low. And because testosterone is an integral hormone into the physica human body in females and men alike a testosterone instability might have quite a visible impact in your health insurance and wellbeing.
Therefore read on for more information on unhealthy testosterone amounts in females including reasons and signs. ( And forget that is dont you can examine your testosterone through the convenience of home with EverlyWells Testosterone Test. )
Female Testosterone Levels
Though testosterone is generally regarded as a male hormones, its really a hormone that is incredibly important women too. In reality, females often have greater testosterone amounts than estradiol levels. (Estradiol may be the bodys primary type of estrogen, which will be commonly viewed as a lady hormone. )
Testosterone in Women: What It Does
Here are a definite few roles that are key can play in a womans wellness:
- Repair and development of bones
- grows muscles
- Decreases fat in the body (in post-menopausal females)
- aids a healthy and balanced libido or sexual drive
- can help decrease genital atrophy (which does occur most frequently in post-menopausal ladies)
- might help help health that is cardiovascular
In order you can view, normal testosterone amounts in females might have numerous beneficial results. But way too much or not enough of the hormones might have effects that are less-than-positive your body.
Lets start with discussing testosterone that is low.
Signs and symptoms of Low Testosterone in Women
What are testosterone that is low in females? When you have low T:
- The hair can start to thin
- the skin could become drier
- Your sexual drive are dampened (one reasons why some females with low testosterone decide to undergo testosterone therapy)
- you could lose muscular tonus, too (which means low testosterone levels arent exactly suitable for #summerbeachbodygoals)
- a rise in extra weight, as well as mood modifications (including greater anxiety), may also stem from lower-than-healthy testosterone amounts
- intimate dysfunction, bone tissue loss, and general lack of energy are a handful of other possible low-T symptoms