ellaOne is a contraceptive meant to avoid maternity after unsafe sex or should your contraceptive method has failed
ellaOne contains lactose
If you’ve been told through your physician or other medical practioner that you’ve got an intolerance with a sugars, inform your pharmacist before using this medication.
3. How exactly to just take ellaOne
Always just take this medication just as described in this leaflet or as the pharmacist, physician or other medical practioner has said. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you should be unsure.
How exactly to use the ellaOne tablet
- just Take one tablet by lips as quickly as possible with no later than 5 times (120 hours) after non-safe sex or contraceptive failure. Simply take the tablet straight away.
- You can easily just take the tablet at any right amount of time in your period.
- Ou usually takes the tablet anytime regarding the either before, during or after a meal day.
- If you work with among the medications which will avoid ellaOne from working correctly (see area above ““what you should know before you are taking ellaOne”) or you purchased one of these simple medications within the previous four weeks, ellaOne may work less effectively for you personally. Get hold of your medical practitioner or pharmacist before utilizing ellaOne. Your physician may recommend a different type of (non-hormonal) crisis contraceptive, i.e. A Cu-IUD.
If you vomit after using ellaOne
If you vomit (be ill, provide) within 3 hours of using the tablet, simply take another tablet as quickly as possible.
From becoming pregnant if you have sex again after taking ellaOne
If you have unprotected sex after taking the tablet, it will not stop you. You should use condoms every time you have sex after you take the tablet and until your next period comes.
Should your next duration is belated after using ellaOne
After using the tablet, its normal for the next period become several days later.
Nonetheless, if for example the period is much a lot more than 1 week late; if it really is unusually light or unusually hefty; or you experience observable symptoms such as for example stomach (stomach) discomfort, breast tenderness, vomiting or sickness, you are expecting. You need to perform a pregnancy test immediately. If you should be pregnant, it’s important that you visit your medical practitioner. (See area “Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility”).
If you simply just just take more ellaOne than you should
There are no reports of side effects from using a greater dosage than recommended with this medication nevertheless do pose a question to your pharmacist, physician or any other doctor for advice. If you have got any more concerns in the usage of this medication, pose a question to your pharmacist, medical practitioner or other doctor.
Like all medications, this medication can cause side-effects, while not everyone gets them.
Some signs such as for instance breast abdominal and tenderness(stomach) discomfort, throwing up (vomiting), queasy (sickness) may also be feasible indications of maternity. In the event that you miss your duration and experience such signs after using ellaOne, you really need to execute a maternity test (See part 2 “Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility”).
Typical part effects
(these may impact as much as 1 in 10 individuals)
- Sickness, stomach (belly) discomfort or vexation, vomiting
- painful durations, pelvic discomfort, breast tenderness
- frustration, dizziness, swift changes in moods
- muscle tissue discomfort, straight right back discomfort, tiredness
Unusual part effects
(these may impact as much as 1 in 100 individuals)
- Diarrhea, heartburn, wind, dry lips
- uncommon or irregular genital bleeding, heavy/prolonged periods premenstrual problem, genital discomfort or release, reduced or greater sexual drive
- hot flushes
- appetite changes, emotional problems, anxiety, agitation, sleep problems, sleepiness, migraine artistic disruptions
- zits, skin surface damage, irritation
- temperature, chills, malaise
Rare side effects
(these may impact as much as 1 in 1,000 individuals)
- Vaginal discomfort or itching, discomfort while having sex, rupture of a ovarian cyst, unusually light duration
- lack of concentration, vertigo, shaking, disorientation, fainting
- uncommon feeling in attention, red attention, sensitiveness to light
- dry throat, disruption in style
- hives (itchy rash), experiencing thirsty
Reporting of part effects
If you can get any unwanted effects, confer with your pharmacist, physician or any other medical practioner. This consists of any feasible unwanted effects perhaps not placed in this leaflet. You may report negative effects directly (see details below). By reporting negative effects you are able to offer additional information from the security with this medication.
Great britain Continue reading ellaOne is a contraceptive meant to avoid maternity after unsafe sex or should your contraceptive method has failed